Call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

By admin | DVLA

Feb 11

Looking for Www.DVLA? Call 0844 576 0270

Calls cost £0.07 per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge. Check with your provider because access charges vary from company to company, and calls from mobiles may cost considerably more

call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

Call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

The dvla, or Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency, are the government department responsible for keeping a database of all the registered drivers in the Great Britain, and a database for all the vehicles registered in the Great Britain. They are responsible for administering driving licences, road tax and personal licence plate registration. The DVLA are officially an arm of the Department for Transport. Previously known as the DVLC and now based in Swansea, there are a number of different reasons to contact the DVLA. You may want to call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to discuss applications for provisional driving licences, for help when renewing your driving licence, or to order vehicle tax for your car.

You may also want to contact the DVLA to take a registration number off a vehicle, to report the purchase or sale of a vehicle, or to find out the rules and regulations that surround booking a driving test. There are a variety of different rules that must be followed when it comes to owning a driving a vehicle in the Great Britain. You can find out more about each of these rules by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270, or by visiting the DVLA website and trawling through the various pages to find the relevant information. Alternatively, you could read this short guide.

Vehicle Tax? Call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

In the Great Britain, vehicles that are used on public roads must have valid vehicle tax. Certain vehicles are exempt from requiring vehicle tax, though if you own an exempt vehicle you still need to register each year on the DVLA website. If you are not sure whether your vehicle has been taxed, you can use the DVLA’s online tool to check. Bear in mind that, at the time of writing, the checking tool is in a beta state. To use the checking tool, you need to know the registration number of the vehicle, and the make of vehicle you are checking.

At the end of 2015, the long standing paper tax disc system of vehicle tax was abolished, replaced by a digital service that allows drivers to pay by direct debit, meaning you won’t have to worry about your vehicle tax expiring, provided your car’s MOT does not expire. If you have set up a direct debit to pay for your vehicle tax and you later sell your car, make sure to cancel the direct debit to avoid paying extra. You can also call the Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to cancel your direct debit payments for car tax. You are not able to tax by direct debit for HGVs and fleet cars.

Vehicle tax varies in cost, based on the CO2 emissions of your car. There are 13 different rates for petrol and diesel cars. Cars with the lowest carbon emissions pay £0, while cars with the highest rates of carbon emissions pay £505. You can view the vehicle tax rates table on the DVLA website. Rates can differ, based on the age of your car and they are set to change in 2017. Vehicles with high emissions are charged more in order to encourage drivers to purchase environmentally friendly cars. If you need assistance figuring out how much your vehicle tax will cost, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

Fines from the DVLA

If you do not tax your vehicle in time, you will receive a £80 fine. The fine is halved if it is paid with 28 days and can increase to a maximum of £1000 if you do not pay and have to go to court. Should you be taken to court, you may also be required to pay court costs. You will also be fined on the spot if you are caught driving a vehicle that is not properly taxed, up to a maximum of £1000. These fines are known as FPN or fixed penalty notices. If you have been unfairly handed an FPN despite driving a correctly taxed vehicle, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to report the issue.

If you do not intend to drive your vehicle, therefore not requiring vehicle tax, you must report the vehicle as off the road by completing a SORN. SORN stands for statutory off-road notification, declaring that your vehicle will not be driven on public roads. A SORN can be completed online, by using the trendy new tool created by the DVLA. You can also apply for a SORN over the phone, by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270, or by sending form V890 to the DVLA by post. Their address is DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR. A SORN can be used for cars that you keep in your garage, but it can also be used when you are planning on travelling abroad and your car tax is set to expire. You can complete a SORN up to two months in advance to let the DVLA know that you are leaving your car in the Great Britain and won’t be using it due to your geographical placement. The DVLA advise people to include a letter explaining their SORN should you be leaving the country for a period of time.

You must send your SORN application by post if you have recently registered as the vehicle’s keeper and you’ve obtained the V5C registration certificate during the same month. You also have to send it by post if you are not currently registered as the vehicle’s keeper. Apologies for all the form titles, but we’re about to introduce another. If you do not have a V5C registration certificate, you’ll need to fill in form V62 and send it along with your SORN application. The V62 does require a fee to be paid. All the previously mentioned forms can be found, downloaded and printed from the DVLA website. For any assistance with the various forms to remember, call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

Renew your vehicle tax by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

You are able to renew your vehicle tax by direct debit, following the changes at the end of 2015. The DVLA will send you a reminder letter, a V11 form, when your renewal date is approaching. If you do not have V11 form, you are able to use your V5C registration certificate, also known as a log book. If you don’t own a registration certificate, you can obtain a replacement here. If you’ve only just bought the vehicle and you need to tax it, you can use your V5C/2. You’re also able to use your last chance letter, though it is probably wise to never reach that point.

You can renew over the phone, by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270. You can also renew in a local, or far away, Post Office. To renew in a Post Office, you’ll need to have either your reminder letter, your log book or your new keeper supplement. You might also need to have your MOT certificate and a valid reduced pollution certificate. If you’re in Northern Ireland, you’ll need to have your insurance certificate or cover note when renewing your vehicle tax.

Call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to receive a vehicle tax refund

If you have sold your vehicle or no longer own it and it has months remaining on its vehicle tax, the DVLA will automatically refund you for the remaining full months. The refund will be paid through cheque and will be made when you notify the DVLA of the sale, or the destruction of your vehicle. You should also receive a refund if you complete a SORN for your vehicle. You can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to learn more about the refund process. Refunds usually take around 4-6 weeks to complete and are sent to the named owner in the vehicle log book. Direct debit payments will be automatically cancelled. If your car is stolen, it will not be automatically refunded, instead you will need to complete a V33 form. If your direct debit payment has not been cancelled or you have not received your refund, contact the DVLA by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

Apply for a driving licence by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

In the Great Britain, you need a valid driving licence if you plan on driving on public roads. There are a number of different fees to be aware of when applying for a driving licence. If you apply online, the cost for a provisional licence is £34, the cost is £43 if you apply by post. If you are applying for a full GB licence, in exchange for a valid foreign licence, you must apply by post, at a cost of £43. For any information on what your application must include, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

To apply for a licence, you must be a resident of Great Britain, aged 17 or over, meet the eyesight requirement and not have any driving ban. Provisional applications cost £34 and can be paid for by debit or credit card. You’ll need a valid form of ID, such as a passport and your national insurance number. You’ll also need to provide addresses of where you’ve lived for the past three years. If you are unsure why you need to provide the DVLA with information about your place of residence three years ago, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270. Licences should arrive within a week if you order online. If you are applying for a moped licence, the age requirement is 16.

Call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 for help when you replace, renew or edit your driving licence

Driving licences are not valid until the end of time, they last for 10 years, unless it says otherwise on your licence. You’ll be sent a reminder to renew your licence before the expiry date of your current licence. It costs £14 to renew online and £17 to renew by post. If you are renewing as you are over the age of 70, licence renewals are free. If you have a medical reason to renew or you drive a bus or HGV, renewal is free but must be completed by post. Should you have been disqualified, the cost is £65. If you were disqualified for a drink related offence, the cost rises to £90. If your licence was revoked under the new drivers’ act, renewal will cost £50. In each of these three situations, renewal must be completed by post. For any assistance during the renewal process, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

If you want to make a change to your driving licence, such as a name change following marriage or an address change after moving house, you can change online or by post, in most cases. Address changes are free, both online and by post. Photo changes cost £14 online and £17 by post. You can only change your name by post but, happy days, it’s free! If you have made a change to your licence but have not received a replacement, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to complain and solve the problem.

If it’s stolen it costs £20. Same for damaged, destroyed and lost licences.

Penalty points and fines, call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270

In Great Britain, drivers that break the law are given penalty points as a punishment for their flagrant attitude to the rules of the road. Penalty points stay on your driving licence for four to 11 years, depending on the committed offence. Drivers are disqualified if they receive a total of 12 points in three years. If you are a new driver, six points or more within two years of passing your test will result in disqualification. If you have been disqualified incorrectly, you can call Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270 to discuss the error. Provisional licence points carry over to your full licence.

If your licence is revoked within two years of passing your test, you will need to apply for a provisional licence and pass your test again. You can find out more about the available options when your licence is revoked by calling Www.DVLA on 0844 576 0270.

About the Author